Religious Education at Risen Christ begins in kindergarten and continues through 5th grade, with the choice of attending class on Sundays from noon to 1:10 PM or Wednesday evenings from 6:30 to 7:40 PM. Our curriculum seeks to instill knowledge and love of the faith while encouraging deep and personal relationships with Christ that evolve with the students’ development.
- Kindergarten/1st Grade: This is a fun, two-year class that teaches about God’s love and some of the foundational prayers.
- 2nd Grade: “Reconciliation” — This class prepares 2nd graders to go to First Confession in the spring by focusing on the Ten Commandments, Bible stories, and introducing the concept of Examining the Conscience in an age-appropriate manner.
- 3rd Grade: “Confirmation and First Holy Communion” — This class prepares 3rd graders (and their unconfirmed 4th and 5th grade counterparts) for the single Mass celebrating both sacraments.
- Unconfirmed 4th Grade: “Confirmation and First Holy Communion” — (See above)
- Unconfirmed 5th Grade: “Confirmation and First Holy Communion” — (See above)
- Confirmed 4th and 5th Grades: “Living the Gifts” — Having received the 7 Gifts of the Holy Spirit at their Confirmation, students delve deeper into putting them into practice while also studying essential Bible stories of Salvation History through plays, crafts, and class discussions.