Women of Risen Christ Meeting
We don’t have a meeting on Dec. 14, but we have a service project, so we need your help! In order to provide cookies to all of the parishioners in our 13 nursing homes, we need over 100 dozen cookies brought to the parish hall on Sat. Dec. 14 by 9 a.m. Then, we need help packaging the cookies for the 220 parishioners, and help delivering the cookies to the nursing homes. So we’ll see you then!
Sat. Nov. 30 – missalette swapping
December no meeting
Mon. Dec. 2 – Advent by Candlelight : host tables
Sat. Dec. 14 – Cookie project for nursing home parishioners
Help decorate church for Christmas
Advent by Candlelight
Monday, Dec. 2, 6:30 p.m.
This year’s theme: the Humility of Mary
Special presentation by our pastor, Fr. Scott Bailey
We are currently taking sign ups for table hostesses. Interested?
As a hostess, you would provide a centerpiece following the Advent (purple / candles) or dinner theme (Humility of Mary). We provide the tablecloths. You would bring food and drink (non-alcoholic) for 6 people. Since we don’t have the ability to plug in crockpots or hot plates, anything you serve needs to come hot or cold. Some women bring ‘heavy’ appetizers rather than a full meal, and don’t forget a dessert.
Dishware, again, is up to you. Some women bring crystal and china, and others use nice disposibles. And, since we eat by candlelight – bring candles as well.
Each table sits 6 women. Each table hostess can bring 5 other women (or young ladies ages 13 and older). If you don’t have 5 guests, we hope that you would let us place other parishioners at your table so that as many women as possible can participate.
Women of Risen Christ Programs and Projects
- Church deep cleaning service day, twice a year
- Kitchen deep cleaning service day
- Donut Sundays, at least twice a year
- Advent by Calendar, first Mon. in Dec.
- Card-writing program for nursing home parishioners, 3 times a year
- Cookie project for nursing home parishioners, mid-Dec.
- Nursing Home Committee
- Currently, visits to the neediest of Rowan residents
- Flower Bed Committee
Regular Service Projects for the parish
- Sympathy cards to parishioners who’ve had a funeral in the past month
- Altar linen laundering
- Altar server cassock / surplice laundering
Additional Service Projects for the parish
- Run Trunk or Treating activities for RE-sponsored event
- Missalette swapping , Sat. morning before Advent begins
- Help decorate church for Christmas and Easter
- Help un-decorate church for Christmas and Easter
- Help with Parish Festival
- Help with RE-sponsored Easter Egg hunt
- Assist with receptions, i.e. Confirmation, RE kick-off, Angel Tree party