Congratulations to the newly weds! May God send his blessings to you and the family you are about to start. Risen Christ Catholic Parish strives to prepare you for a your wedding ceremony. Below, you will find more information on: Rehearsal, facilities, parking, prohibitions, flowers and decoration, wedding attire, & music.
The Marriage Ceremony
The rehearsal is usually a day or two prior to the wedding, and is usually booked at the time the wedding is booked.
Please be on time, and please advise all of your wedding party that they must be on time. One hour is reserved for the rehearsal, so come prepared. Other rehearsals or events may precede or follow your rehearsal.
The Risen Christ musicians do not attend the rehearsal.
The bridal room is for the convenience of the bride and her attendants. The bridesmaids should come fully dressed, but there is room for the bride to put on her dress, as well as sufficient mirrors for touching up hair and makeup.
ALCOHOL OR DRUGS ARE NOT ALLOWED IN THE CHURCH OR ON THE CHURCH GROUNDS.
Rice, confetti, birdseed, etc. may not be thrown inside or outside the church by Denver City Ordinance.
The sound system is not available for playing electronic devices.
The doors to the church cannot be locked during the ceremony.
Photographers may not step up onto the marble altar.
Risen Christ does not provide decoration or storage, so delivery and removal must be made the day of the wedding. An aisle runner and the tossing of flower petals are not allowed at Risen Christ for safety reasons.
Set Up Times
- Must check with the parish office regarding a suitable time for delivery.
- Staff will not sign for any items and are not liable for any items.
- Christian liturgy is marked by elegance and simplicity. 90% of weddings at Risen Christ only use flowers for the bride’s bouquet and the bridesmaid’s flowers.
- For pew decorations, no tape or tacks are permitted. You may use pew clips, may tie ribbon around the pew, or hang items with pipe cleaners.
- All decorations must be prepared prior to their arrival to the Risen Christ.
- Please remove the decorations immediately. Please assign this duty to someone in your wedding party. We are not responsible for any items left at Risen Christ.
- If items have been forgotten, please have someone call the parish office on the first business day after the wedding to arrange for pickup.
Please keep in mind the solemnity and dignity of your wedding ceremony. Even though current fashions can be very revealing, there are many choices that can be made for the bridal gown and bridesmaids’ dresses. If the top is very bare, you should consider wearing a small jacket or a shawl (quite often an option for the bridesmaids’ dresses).
If you have any questions regarding these guidelines, please feel free to contact us.
Once your wedding at Risen Christ has been scheduled, please contact Debbie Davies to discuss your music needs. She can be reached at 303-758-8826 or Debbie@risenchristchurch.org.